Sunday, June 6, 2010

Gateway's GCS Ballpark...

As promised...Here are some photos from Gateway...I'll put a brief caption below each image...You can click on each image for a larger view if you so desire...


Me sitting in the press box...


The sign at the entrance of GCS Ballpark, pointing fans where to go...


I don't kid when I say that Gateway is located in the shadows of the arch...Directly behind the pressbox this is the view...A blimp was flying around for Fox on Saturday...


Some of the 5,000+ fans gathered for Saturday night's contest...


THe night sky I was speaking of featuring many different colors...


The view from above...This is my broadcast angle, looking out over Gateway...


From the right field corner looking toward home plate...


The scoreboard with both walls and the grassy area...


The hot tub in right field...


Gateway broadcaster Joe Pott hard at work...He recently broadcast his 800th Frontier League game with Gateway...Pott is also one of two broadcasters to have done a game from the hot tub above, broadcasting with Jason Troop who is now with River City...


The dugout that I have mentioned many times...Top bench in front of the other bench...



The suites all have baseball themed names...



My crowd mike dangles in front...I couldn't get a koozie past this point in the 7th inning on Saturday when I attempted to throw one out to the crowd...

1 comment:

MARTIN said...

Tim,
Nice pictures of Gateway's ballpark. Kind of makes me want to do a "tour" of each of the Frontier League's ballparks. I made it to River City's park for game five of the championship last year. Nice park!

It appears that Gateway's protective netting extends quite a way down the foul lines. How far do they actually go? What is your opinion of how it changes the ballpark experience? I know several people have commented that All-Pro Freight should have something like that after a particularly "hot" foul ball slams into the seats. I didn't think it was possible until I saw these pics of yours.

Would you say their nets are more viewer friendly then those behind the plate at All-Pro? The net behind home plate seems distracting. It's not a good view and if the wind is blowing the net, it can be somewhat unsettling.