Friday, May 16, 2008

Oh What a Night!!!

The guys told me I had to blog about last evening's Bowl With the Beach Bums event...I will preface this by saying that in no way do I have any bowling skills (and those of you who were there can confirm this)...I have been practicing since I've been up here in anticipation of last night's fun but unfortunately my practice did not pay off under pressure...I rolled somewhere around eight games and feel like my arm is going to fall off...I began by taking on Damon Lessler, James Conrad, and Ted Gjeldum...As I told them I can talk-the-talk, but sure can't walk-the-walk...I think in the entire evening I broke the century mark maybe three times...Gjeldum meanwhile was like the bowling king...He rolled four straight strikes at one point and finished with a 189...Note to self, don't bowl with Ted! I started off strong but faded fast...James (Homerun King) Conrad had like 18 pins through the first four frames and beat me because he heated up...Nick Pepper did make a couple tries in his sidearm motion...that was funny...He still beat me too...Like I said bowling, while fun, is definetly not my thing...I'll stick to the microphone and writing here...I did get to use my mad microphone skills to Emcee the evening's event by announcing winners of our drawings for autographed T-shirts and four-packs of tickets to the second game of the season...A ton of fun was had by all...

I even got to try my hand at the most awesome laser tag venue ever...Unfortunately I also ran into Bryan Rembisz who apparently has mad laser tag skills...I think he shot me like 20 times in a 15-minute game of fun...I was also wearing white so I kinda give myself a pass on that one since in a black-light arena I stuck out like a sore thumb...Fortunately for me, Erin Wood of the front office staff was also wearing white, so I wasn't the only one...It was awesome with most of the team running around in the arena and popping out of nowhere to fire lasers...I finished 11th out of how many I'm not sure but there were at least 20 I've gotta believe...Some of the guys told me they were still seeing lasers when trying to drive home...

Thanks again to everyone who came out last night and if you haven't had the chance to check out Wilderness Crossing, it is worth the venture...

No comments: