Monday, May 19, 2008

The Rooster is Made

Yes that was a purposeful misspelling...Think Major League 2...Anyhow, the opening night roster is set...Check it out here...

2008 Roster

John Brummett was kept on as the backup catcher as the Beach Bums let go of Johnny Coit and Ryan Kottke...Again, competition was very high everywhere and I'm sure it was hard to make the decisions...James Conrad was also let go as the roster reached 24...For my full release regarding the roster breakdown (As only I can tell you players come from 15 different states with California boasting the most at 3) follow the link below...

Roster Press Release

That link will also tell you that Bryan Rembisz will get the ball on opening night...the plan for the rotation follows with Ryan Gehring, David Nathanson, J.T. King, and Brett Bostelman...While I still am unsure who Midwest is throwing I will post a preview of the opener when I find out...

I talked with several of the guys who made the team today as well as the coaching staff to prep myself for the season, also taping the first edition of Cahill's Corner which will be posted here following Wednesday night's contest...I am going to have to edit down our beloved manager as I got over 15 minutes of audio from him and the pregame show is only 20 minutes long...Everyone is really excited about opening the 2008 season Wednesday night and the potential that lies ahead...

No comments: