Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Wow!!!!!

Well...they say you only get one chance to make a first impression and that first impressions are everything...Let me sum up opening night in one word...Wow!!! This is really a team you need to see in person...They are a lot of fun to watch and work well together...

9-5 win over Midwest...the first ever season opening win in Beach Bums history...Bryan Rembisz looked in midseason form from last year, striking out six in his six innings of work...He retired the first 10 batters of the game and earned the win...Striking early was a huge key Jon Cahill talked with me about...Check! Speed...Check! Defense...Check! Clutch hitting...Check!

I really enjoyed chatting with Midwest's Manager Eric Coleman...look for something from him on Friday...He coached Mike Epping in the Coastal Plains League a few years back...I am also going to talk to the project manager for the turf tomorrow, look for something on that here as well...

Here's my official game Recap

Highlights included Mike Goetz's Sacrifice Fly



Jake Whitesides with a leadoff triple in the 3rd



And Steve Young's RBI Single



I hope lots of you listened in and stayed warm...It was cold and wet, but Beach Bums baseball is back!!!! I'm not sure that we would have been able to play this game last year on the natural surface so right away you saw the advantage of the turf...

On a side note I was extremely frustrated with the problems that occured during the broadcast, virtually wiping out the Labatt Blue On Deck Show and causing me to leave the confines of my booth to broadcast in the visiting realm...It wasn't much better there connection wise...I did my best and hope you enjoyed what you were able to hear...I think the broadcast was also in midseason form...I've got some stuff in the morning to work on and see what I can mess with...

Let me know your thoughts on what you saw on the field...I'll post my thoughts on the first day of action in the league tomorrow...

No comments: