Sunday, August 24, 2008

More Miners Stuff



On a side note I think that I may attempt to interview Mike Phelps today for the Labatt Blue On Deck Show...Here's some more stuff on the Miners...Today I was sitting in my broadcast booth with the television on when something caught my attention...My favorite show on ESPN is Outside the Lines...I think Bob Ley is amazing and if ever I was to leave play-by-play the only thing I'd want to leave for would be a show like Outside the Lines...A story caught my attention, and this story just happened to feature the Southern Illinois Miners as well as my Cubs...You may recall in 2007 that the Miners signed Danny Almonte...This story was about the parallel between him and Matthew Cerda, who made the last out of the Little League World Series against Almonte...Cerda was drafted by the Cubs this year in the 4th Round, while Almonte's only pro experience came in a 34-day stint with the Miners...This link has both the video that aired on ESPN as well as an interesting article...and while it wasn't extremely kind to the league I have grown to love, it is a mention of the Frontier League on ESPN...further proff that the league is exploding in the indy circuit...(PS...that would be the Gateway Grizzlies in the background of this picture...Even I am impressed with my knowledge :))

Revenge of the Baeball Gods

No comments: