Thursday, May 28, 2009

Red Wings


Bring your cameras to Wuerfel Park for tonight's doubleheader because you will likely see me donning a Red Wings jersey after losing a friendly bet with first baseman Kyle Maunus, who is an avid Wings fan...He has not told me who's jersey I will wear, saying only that it is a surprise but it would really hurt if it was a Chris Chelios jersey...But, I am a man of my word and a bet is a bet...

I will say this...It was an amazing season for hockey in Chicago and the Blackhawks are back...They are a young team and if at the beginning of the season you would have told me they would be in the conference finals and play three overtime games with Detroit I would have said you are crazy...Look out Detroit...The Hawks are coming! Not this year obviously, but soon enough...Great game by Huet...But still, in 2009, the Wings were the better team...

No comments: