Monday, May 9, 2011

Bosse Field

UPDATE: Pictures now added...


I am going to walk around and take some photos in a bit of historic Bosse Field here in Evansville, but first I thought I would recount some crazy stories from my last visit here with Lake Erie during the 2010 season...I will link to some of the old blog posts about this as well so you can read my full accounts fromm last year...

First...I have learned today not to sit in the visiting broadcast booth area...Last year, I was attacked by the window, which literally fell out on me (Fortunately without any breaking glass like I was talking about earlier)...And I almost broke my hand since the windoew fell on me...So I am sitting in the main area for my blogging ability today, avoiding my nemesis...Tim vs. Window...Window always wins...

Speaking of Tim vs...Also while here last year, I got in a fight with the iron at the hotel...Which ruined one of my team polos...Mind you this was on the same visit...Last year's post covers both events...

TIM VS.

Also one of the more weird events in my baseball tenure...A power outage in one light tower...One light tower broke during a game last year, forcing the suspension of the contest...The game was delayed for like two hours while waiting for a crew to come do some work, which led to some pretty cool photo ops...

POWER OUTAGE

A couple years back we also had a scheduled doubleheader on the Friday of a weekend series due to a high school regional at Bosse Field for Saturday...So, we were able to play two games on Friday and then have a Saturday in Evansville off, during which I had the chance to hit the Evansville zoo thanks to Otters Media Relations Director Liz Lewis (at the time)...The random off day day finished with a trip to see The Hangover at an Evansville theater...The actual doubleheader, since it was scheduled rather than a makeup, featured two full nine inning games...

So like I said...Strange things happen in Evansville...

It is also a trip down memory lane for Manager Greg Tagert...Tagert served as the Evansville Manager from 1997-2000, making the playoffs in all four years with two visits to the Frontier League Championship Series...His worst record was 43-41 in 1999, a playoff season...

Pitching Coach Tom Thornton was also an Evansville Otter in 2008 for a time during his playing career before joining the RailCats...Infielder Brian Kolb played for the Otters and their current Manager Andy McCauley last season...

No comments: