Monday, May 2, 2011

Welcome

Hello everyone and welcome to Calderwood's 'Cats Corner...Wow that's a lot of apostrophes...I thought my first post would be an introduction to me and then kind of lay out what you will see here this week and throughout the season...

I am excited to join the RailCats family...I have spent the last four years in the Frontier League and have often heard from players about Gary...Before the 2008 season I had a first hand visit to U.S. Steel Yard when the Traverse City Beach Bums, who I was working for at the time, came here for an exhibition contest against the RailCats...I am a lifelong resident of the Chicago suburbs and will be living at home this season in Wheaton...As someone who has lived in three different states during baseball season the past five years it will be nice to have my own bed, and of course, my wife is excited to have me around as well...I don't think she knows what she is in for now :)

Broadcast wise, I consider myself to be a very knowledgeable baseball person...I enjoy having fun in the broadcast booth and being interactive with you all each and every night...

Some quick news and notes before telling you what to expect in this space all season...I will be broadcasting the exhibition game against Windy City at U.S. Steel Yard on Sunday at 1pm on The Lakeshore and again on May 10 (Tuesday) from Ft. Worth in the final tuneup for the season at 7pm...Also, beginning this Saturday (May 7) I will be hosting a weekly program devoted entirely to the RailCats, Woody's RailCat Roundup (Think Toy Story)...The program will air at 9am on The Lakeshore...More details will be coming soon about the show and I will also let you know who will be on the first edition...While I won't be broadcasting the other exhibition games, I will be in attendance at all exhibition games and will be blogging here with updates, news and notes, etc...

So what will you see or hear on Calderwood's 'Cats Corner...Here I will post news from the RailCats as well as from around the league...There will be links every day to articles written about the Cats...Lineups will be posted daily, I have done game notes in the past on here, we will see...Audio highlights, likely the RailCat Rewind which will air twice a day on The Lakeshore, interviews, and so much more...Not to mention a search by category feature and a weekly archive so you can go back and look at what you missed...Perhaps the better question is what won't be on here...And I can't think of anything...So bookmark the page, visit often, comment away, and enjoy...

Cheers!
Tim

No comments: