Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Looking Ahead

In the days to come many things will be happening before the start of the season...These will happen in no particular order...

First, final cuts will be made and the opening day roster set...This could come as soon as following today's exhibition at Windy City, which I will be live blogging from as usual bu there is no broadcast today...

Second, tomorrow I will be interviewing Frontier League Commissioner Bill Lee and will post the audio on here as I talk with him about the Frontier League, kind of an introduction to the league if you will...

Third, my first interview with Jamie Bennett will be posted...But not until after it airs on opening night...I will likely record the interview tomorrow and post it on Friday...

Fourth, duh, the season starts...Season opener is Friday night at Lake Erie, who qualified for the playoffs in 2011...First pitch is at 6:05 p.m. CDT...Avon, Ohio is in the Eastern Time zone...I will post links for that as the game nears...

Fifth, I will be attending the Indians game on Thursday as part of my annual tuneup for the season...A few things I like to do before the year is just get out, enjoy the weather, and observe a non-league game...Last season during the first trip I hit a Ranger game and a Royals game...I also usually get a massage and a haircut, although that will wait until the home opener, or at least until I return from Cleveland...I will also be saying farewell to the beard...Likely on Thursday night...I will almost always travel with the team with a few exceptions, this week being one of them since I was in Lake Erie in 2010 I will be driving out early and staying with my host family from that season...Most commuter trips I will also make by myself...

Sixth, I will be taking my hand at writing some kind of preview...Not sure if you heard last night's broadcast (Though I think it is archived if you want to go back and listen), but I was talking about the West Division and the Boomers are going to be in a seriously tough division...I will start with the East first and then progress to the West in two separate team by team capsules tomorrow...

Man, that looks like a lot...But I am looking forward to it...Afterall, baseball season is upon us!!!

Yours in Baseball

Tim ' Woody', 'Popcorn', 'Black Swan'

Details on all those nicknames at some point...

No comments: