Thursday, May 10, 2012

RailCat Rewind

After every RailCat game I produced a little one minute recap called the RailCat Rewind...I will be doing something similar with the Boomers and will post them on here...I am open to names for the tiny segment, which will be played a couple times a day on WRMN, the flagship station of Boomers Baseball...

In this segment however I will be rewinding to the events of the Salvi Showdown Series...

First, I will link to articles that were written about the games...Keep in mind these were from RailCat media so they focus on the RailCats...

NWI TIMES: RailCats Fall in Exhibition Opener; Find Shine in Bullpen

NWI TIMES: RailCats Find Offense in Exhibition Tie

Remember I said I recorded a brief conversation with RailCat Manager Greg Tagert talking about Schaumburg and specifically Manager Jamie Bennett??? Well...Here it is...
TAGERT INTERVIEW

This is basically a hodge podge article from the Post Tribune covering the exhibitions, the Hotel RailCat and more...
POST TRIBUNE

Here is an article on the RailCat players staying in the suites at U. S. Steel Yard, something I referenced on yesterday's broadcast if you caught it (If not where the heck were yuh??)
NWI TIMES: Independent Baseball Opens to Hotel RailCat

And here is a photo I snapped on my phone of Hotel RailCat...No sleeping player in this suite like I found in one of the others...





Now on to some generalities...Overall in the two games I was extremely impressed with the pitching, specifically the starters...Frank Pfister also blew me away at third base...First round of lay-offs are coming soon (Rosters must be down to 28 on Sunday) and one thing I know, it is going to be tough to make some decisions...I like what I have seen from the inaugural edition of the Boomers...

Later...Possible even this afternoon depending on how long today's exhibition takes, I will post some updates on other teams around the league...

No comments: