Friday, May 4, 2012

Tarp Pulls

If you follow me on twitter you have already heard this story but here goes for those who are not my followers on twitter yet...

First, check out this photo of Boomers GM Andy Viano rockin' the capris for the tarp pull this morning!!! :)
Sooo...I blame this on three years of working on turf fields where there was no such thing as a tarp (What's a tarp??)...But still, I did enough tarp pulls last season in Gary that I should know better than to where shoes and socks while attempting the deed...I was actually smart enough to bring tarp clothes (Yay for my yellow Marquette University t-shirt and my ugly blue overstretched old workout shorts) but my feet are still wet and I'm pretty sure that Jimmy Dollard knows how I feel...I should have either brought tarp shoes and socks too or just done what Sara Romano and Carly Salczynski did and gone barefoot...Pretty sure that was the Ed McCaskey route as well (Like how I name drop the front office?? Yeah, I'm awesome like that!!)...I did purchase a pair of crocs for the summer but since April was, well, April, instead of the July we had in March (I went to Florida with the Benedictine Baseball Team and I am fairly certain that the tan was looong gone since I had to wear like six layers all April) I haven't broken them out yet as was suggested by facebook friend Rick Polus (Shoutout music Pleeeeeease!!!)

Maybe soon, I am sure there will be plenty more tarp pulls in the future...Though I think last year most of them happened while I was on the road with the RailCats in places like Winnipeg, Manitoba (That's Canada eh??) and Ft. Worth, Texas...

I give myself a C...Room for improvement...But I gotta pick up those skills dangit!!!

No comments: