Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Yowsers!!

Holy Heck!!! It just hit me for whatever reason but I am wiped...I broadcast a 15-inning win last year with Gary that was 5-3 game, but I think the intense nature of that game today wore me out...Afterall...Think how many chances both teams had, especially late...I can honestly say I have never seen a 2-1 game last 15 innings...Particularly one that saw Windy City use a man scheduled to start later in the series among nine different pitchers...Or a pitcher's duel that was 4:34...And that is why I heart baseball...I did do some working out after the game so that could also be why I am worn out but I think its the combination...My voice is also a little sore...I posted on twitter the total broadcast time from the Boomers Batter-Up Show on through the postgame...Over 5 hours and 15 minutes!!! Wowsers!!!

Here are some interesting notes from today...

Total Pitches: 446
Total Pitchers: 14 (Nine from Windy City)
Combined at Bats: 99 (Bryan Burke was 0-for-6 before his GW hit in the 15th) - Eight hits for each team...Combined batting average of .161...I think that speaks to how strong the pitching was today...
Combined with RISP: 1-for-18 (WC in the 15th)

10 walks, 3 HBP, 10 strikeouts from the Windy City pitchers...Tell me the last time you have heard those numbers??

Get some rest and let's go at it tomorrow!!!

For the record Washington and Gateway just played a 10-inning 1-0 game that took a total of 2:42...

No comments: